Cheesy Fried Eggplant Slices
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Butter or Coconut Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Clean the eggplant by running under cold running water and wiping dry with a paper towel.
- Remove the skin from the eggplant by peeling with a vegetable peeler.
- Slice the eggplant into thick slices and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and let sit 30 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk the egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, Parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick frying skillet, heat butter or oil over medium heat.
- Working in batches, dip each slice of eggplant in egg, then dredge in almond flour mixture and fry until coating is browned and crisp, a few minutes per side.
- Remove and let drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve hot.
Serving: 6.1oz | Calories: 374.55kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.98g | Protein: 13.23g | Fat: 33.02g | Saturated Fat: 13.81g | Cholesterol: 86.34mg | Sodium: 270.96mg | Potassium: 376.2mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 3.12g